To protect the health of our tour guests, tour staff, and the communities we visit, all tour guests and staff are required to provide proof of a negative PCR, NAAT, or antigen COVID test that was performed on or after the Wednesday before your group tour.
You are required to present negative test results to our on-site staff on Saturday morning, before entering our conference room.
If possible, we encourage you to obtain a negative test result before flying to Panama.
Some ideas for finding testing include:
- Make an appointment with a pharmacy in your area. You may be able to use these links: Walgreens, CVS
- Do a Google search for “COVID testing near me” or “COVID testing” + the name of your city
- Contact your healthcare provider
When scheduling your test, make sure to confirm it is a PCR, NAAT, or antigen test. Antibody tests are not accepted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a test in Panama?
Yes. The front desk at our group hotel (Courtyard Multiplaza Mall Hotel) can arrange a test for you. An appointment is required. Call the hotel for details at +507 301-0101.
Can I get a rapid test?
Rapid tests are acceptable as long as they are a PCR, NAAT, or antigen test.
Does a self-test (aka home test) meet the conditions of this policy?
Yes, but the test must meet the following requirements:
- The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection.
- The telehealth provider must confirm your identity, observe the sample collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets our requirements (see “What information must be included on the test result?” below).
- Our tour staff must be able to review and confirm your identity and the test result details.
What information must be included on the test result?
A test result must be in the form of written documentation (paper or electronic copy) on official letterhead. Hand-written test results will not be accepted. The documentation must include:
- Type of test (indicating it is a PCR, NAAT, or antigen test)
- Entity issuing the result (e.g. laboratory, healthcare entity)
- Specimen collection date. A negative test result must show the specimen was collected on or after the Wednesday before your tour.
- Information that identifies the person (full name plus at least one other identifier such as date of birth or passport number)
- Test Result
What if I have had a COVID-19 vaccine or have tested positive for antibodies? Do I still need a negative COVID-19 test?
Yes, all tour guests and staff, regardless of vaccination or antibody status, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result. We do not offer an exemption to people who recently recovered from COVID. There is no exception to this policy.
Is this different from Panama’s COVID testing policy?
Yes, a COVID test is no longer required to enter Panama as long as you can provide physical or digital proof of a complete vaccination scheme endorsed by the CDC, WHO, EMA, or FDA, equal to or greater than 14 days after the last dose.
However, we (Panama Relocation Tours) still require a negative COVID test – even if you are vaccinated.