We STRONGLY encourage you to only bring a carry-on size suitcase. There are several reasons for this:
- We have limited room for luggage storage on the bus
- You will get through Panama Immigration and Customs much faster if you do not check a bag
- You will get through Immigration and Customs much faster on your return trip
- There are extra charges for luggage over 40 pounds on the regional airlines.
- You really don’t need many clothes and you can get laundry done every couple of days.
You’ll also be able to bring a personal size bag like a purse or backpack. Our over head storage bin on the bus is narrow so a backpack cannot fit there. You’ll need to put a backpack under your seat, not in a seat.
If you use a medical device like a C-PAP machine, the airlines will not count it as a personal bag and neither do we.