REPLAY: Retire in Panama Q&A

Every month we host a Retire in Panama Q&A Livestream. It’s your chance to ask questions about moving to or living in Panama.

Even if you don’t ask a question, you’ll learn a LOT by watching the replay of the Retire in Panama Q&A.

Thank you to the 342 people who were on the LIVE Livestream on April 1st. We had a lot of great questions. I was trying to get to as many questions as possible.

Since 2010, Panama Relocation Tours has helped thousands have a smooth, hassle-free move to Panama.

We are the Retire in Panama Experts!

Watch the replay at:

YouTube video

To learn more about moving to and living in Panama, check out these three sources:

1. During an all-inclusive 6-day, 7-night Panama Relocation Tour, you’ll get to see the most popular places to live, see rental every day, meet an immigration lawyer, tour a hospital, meet a Panamanian doctor (when available), and meet expats who have move to Panama. When the bus is going from one location to another, it’s like a rolling seminar to teach you all the things you need to know for a smooth move to Panama.

2. A Private Panama Relocation Tour is ideal if you already know which area you are interested in living at in Panama. These 1-2 day tours are only $250 per day for up to two people.

3. If you’d like to explore Panama on your own but want/need all the information to have a hassle free move to Panama, the Online Complete Panama Relocation Guide is just what you need.

Jackie Lange

Jackie Lange is the founder of Panama Relocation Tours and lives in the highlands of Boquete Panama. She has helped thousands of people relocate to Panama.

Reader Interactions


  1. Dr. Treva Free-Kimbrough says

    Jackie, I enjoyed the Saturday call. Question: We know for sure we are moving to Panama City or the Coronado area. I have a couple of questions. 1. Our birth certificates, marriage certificate was apostilled in the US in March, will the apostille date still be good if we don’t arrive until March 2024?
    3. Who can apostille or authenticate or Social Security information?
    4. Do we initiate our FBI check in the USA or does the Panama Lawyer? Your help is appreciated. Thank you, Dr. Kimbrough

    • Jackie Lange says

      Dr Treva, I’m glad you enjoyed the Saturday Q&A. A birth certificate is only required for minors. When you apply for a visa, your documents must be less than 6 months old so you will need to get new documents before arriving in Panama. You can get your marriage certificate apostiled in the county where you were married. All other documents can be authenticated at the Panama Consulate. You need to get your FBI report – your Panama attorney cannot do that for you. in the Online Complete Panama Relocation Guide, we have step-by-step detains about getting a visa, where to get an FBI report in less than an hour, and reliable and affordable immigration attorney recommendations. and much more. see details at

  2. reinaldo A bynoe says

    i was born in panama im 64 and retire thank god im i still a panamania and us citizen at the same time will i have all that problen gettin discount in stores and hospital or im free fron that problem

    • Jackie Lange says

      Hello Reginald, You will not have a problem getting the discounts if you show your CEDULA (aka National ID card for Panama)

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *