The tour itinerary listed below represents our typical tour itinerary. The itinerary is subject to change.
Ready to Get Started?
Arriving in Panama City
- VIP airport shuttle service is provided from Tocumen International Airport (PTY) to our group hotel in Panama City. The airport shuttle service is provided even if you arrive before your tour check-in day. * Available up to 7 days before your tour, from 5:30 AM to 11 PM.
Check-In Day – Friday – Hotel Check-In Starts at 3 PM
- Check-in is at 3 PM – if you arrive earlier, go to the front desk at the hotel and ask them to hold your luggage. You may request early check-in when you arrive at the hotel, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- There are no group meals during check-in day because guests arrive at all times of the day and night. The hotel has a restaurant and is connected to a shopping mall with a variety of dining options, plus a grocery store.
Day 1 – Saturday – Official Tour Begins @ 9 AM
- Breakfast at the hotel in Panama City
- 8:30 am – Group meets in a conference room for orientation
- Board the bus at 9 am in front of the hotel (do not bring suitcases)
- Tour popular neighborhoods in Panama City
- See rentals in Panama City & learn tips for finding rentals
- Learn about using the subway system and Metro buses in Panama City
- Check out shopping options in Panama City.
- Meet expats during lunch or dinner in Panama City
- Visit a short-stay hotel option before dinner
- Spend the night in Panama City
- Leave at 9 am SHARP on Sunday to go to Coronado area
Day 2 – Sunday – Tour Begins at 8:30 AM
- Breakfast at the hotel in Panama City (last day in the City)
- 8:30 am – Group meets in a conference room to discuss tour agenda &
- Meet with an attorney to discuss the various visa requirements that lead to residency and their many benefits (discounts for retirees).
- Drive over the Panama Canal
- Visit a house and/or condo in the Coronado/Gorgona/San Carlos area
- Discuss housing & rental options and the pros and cons of living in these areas
- Learn where to meet ex-pats in the Coronado area
- Check out grocery stores, pharmacy and other shopping opportunities in Coronado
- Tips for finding a rental
- Learn important things to know before renting or buying in Panama
- Spend the night at a Coronado beach resort
Day 3 – Monday – Tour begins at 9 AM
- Breakfast at the Beach Resort
- Travel to the Azuero Pensinula to see Chitre or Las Tablas
- Explore affordable living in Chitre or Las Tablas
- Lunch with Expats who live in the Azuero Peninsula
- Learn where the ex-pats meet in the Azuero
- Healthcare and health insurance options
- Dine and spend the night in Santiago
Day 4 – Tuesday – Tour begins at 9 AM
- Breakfast in Santiago or Chitre
- We make our way from the hotel towards the western province of Chiriqui
- Visit Pricesmart (like Costco)
- We pass through the indigenous Ngobe-Buglé reservation
- Learn about bringing pets to Panama
- Things to consider before shipping cars or household goods to Panama
- Lunch at Las Lajas beach
- Discuss housing options in Boca Chica, Las Lajas, and David
- In David visit a shopping center or mall (might be Wednesday)
- Discuss housing options, pros & cons of living in the Las Lajas and David area
- Head to Boquete for dinner and to spend the night
Day 5 – Wednesday – Tour begins at 9 AM
- Visit Volcan, Bambito, and maybe Cerro Punta
- Learn big differences between Boquete and the Volcan area
- See affordable rental in the Volcan area & meet expats
- Lunch in the Volcan and meet expat
- Discuss housing options and the pros and cons of living in Volcan
- Learn where to meet ex-pats in the Volcan area
- See shopping options
- Q & A on the way back to Boquete
- Dinner with ex-pats in Boquete
- You can check out the live music scene on your own in Boquete after dinner
DAY 6 – Thursday – Tour starts at 9 AM
- See local Mercado Artisan (Panamanian artists market)
- See residential communities and rentals near Boquete
- Discuss the pros and cons of living in the Boquete area
- Lunch at a popular ex-pat restaurant
- Learn where to meet ex-pats in the Boquete area
- Discuss housing options and the pros and cons of living in Boquete
- After lunch free time to explore Boquete on your own
- Time for you to Explore Boquete to:
- Go to the Pharmacy to check on the availability and price of your drugs
- Explore Farmer’s Market, Department Store, and Grocery Stores
- Farewell Dinner @ 6 pm
Check-Out Day – Friday – Travel back to Panama City
- Breakfast provided at our hotel in Boquete
- VIP airport shuttle departs at 7:00 AM from Boquete to Enrique Malek Airport in David**
- Group flight from David to Tocumen International Airport**
- Arrive at Tocumen International Airport by 11 AM**
Ready to Get Started?
** If you are leaving Panama on your check-out day you must schedule your international flight for 2 PM or later. You will not arrive at Tocumen International Airport in time for an international flight before 2 PM.
** The standard departure time from Boquete to Tocumen International Airport is 7:00 AM on your tour check-out day. If you’d like to depart Boquete after your tour check-out day or at a later time that is ok. The airport shuttle service and domestic flight we provide are available for up to 14 days after your tour check-out day. If you would like to stay more than 14 days after check-out day then we will reduce the price of your tour by $100 per person and you will be responsible for arranging your own transportation back to Panama City. Note we must have your departure transportation scheduled at least one month before your tour date.