The tour itinerary listed below represents our typical tour itinerary. The itinerary is subject to change.
Arriving in Panama City
- VIP airport shuttle service is provided from Tocumen International Airport (PTY) to our group hotel in Panama City. The airport shuttle service is provided even if you arrive before your tour check-in day. * Available up to 7 days before your tour.
Check-In Day – Friday – Hotel Check-In Starts at 3 PM
- Check-in is at 3 PM – if you arrive earlier go to the front desk at the hotel and ask them to hold your luggage. You may request early check-in when you arrive at the hotel but this cannot be guaranteed.
- There are no group meals during check-in day because we have guests arriving at all times of the day and night. The hotel has a restaurant and is connected to a shopping mall with a variety of dining options plus a grocery store.
Day 1 – Saturday – Official Tour Begins @ 8:30AM
- Group meets in a conference room to discuss tour agenda (have breakfast before you go to the meeting)
- Meet with an attorney to discuss the various visa requirements that lead to residency, and their many benefits (discounts for retirees).
- Drive over the Panama Canal
- Visit house and/or condo in the Coronado/Gorgona/San Carlos area
- Discuss housing & rental options and the pros and cons of living in these areas
- Learn where to meet ex-pats in the Coronado area
- Check out grocery stores, pharmacy and other shopping opportunities in Coronado
- Tips for finding a rental
- Learn important things to know before renting or buying in Panama
- Spend the night at a Coronado beach resort
Day 2 – Sunday – Tour begins at 9 AM
- Breakfast at the Beach Resort
- Travel to the Azuero Pensinula to see Chitre and Las Tablas
- Explore affordable living in Chitre and Las Tablas & beach communities
- Lunch with Expats who live in the Azuero Peninsula
- Learn where the ex-pats meet in the Azuero
- Healthcare and health insurance options
- Dine and spend the night in Santiago or Chitre & meet ex-pats who live there
Day 3 – Monday – Tour begins at 9 AM
- Breakfast in Santiago or Chitre
- We make our way from the hotel towards the western province of Chiriqui
- We pass through the indigenous Ngobe-Buglé reservation
- Bringing pets to Panama
- Things to consider before shipping cars or household goods to Panama
- Lunch in Boca Chica or Las Lajas
- Discuss housing options in Boca Chica, Las Lajas, and David
- In David see shopping opportunities including a mall
- Discuss housing options, pros & cons of living in the Las Lajas and David area
- Head to Boquete for dinner with ex-pats
Day 4 – Tuesday – Tour begins at 9 AM
- Meet many ex-pats at Tuesday Market and buy locally grown coffee
- See an affordable rental on an organic coffee farm
- See a rental in a gated community in Boquete
- Lunch with ex-pats at an exotic location
- See residential communities and rentals near Boquete
- Discuss the pros and cons of living in the Boquete area
- Learn where to meet ex-pats in the Boquete area
- Dinner at an ex-pat owned restaurant in Boquete
- Meet ex-pats who live in the Boquete area
DAY 5 – Wednesday – Tour starts at 9 AM
- Visit Volcan, Bambito, and maybe Cerro Punta
- Learn big differences between Boquete and the Volcan area
- See affordable rental in the Volcan area
- Lunch with ex-pats who live in the Volcan area
- Discuss housing options and the pros and cons of living in Volcan
- Learn where to meet ex-pats in the Volcan area
- See Pricesmart (like Costco or Sams)
- Q & A on the way back to Boquete
- CoVID test at hotel in Boquete Costs $85 (for those who need it to fly home)
- Dinner with ex-pats in Boquete
DAY 6 – Thursday – Tour starts at 9 AM
- Visit Pharmacy to check on availability and price of your drugs
- Explore Farmer’s Market, Department Store, and Grocery Stores
- Lunch at a Panamanian restaurant with ex-pat guests
- Learn how to be a successful ex-pat and what to avoid too
- Farewell Dinner
Check-Out Day – Friday – Travel back to Panama City
- Breakfast provided at our hotel in Boquete
- VIP airport shuttle departs at 7:30 AM from Boquete to Enrique Malek Airport in David**
- Group flight from David to Tocumen International Airport**
- Arrive at Tocumen International Airport by 11 AM**
Ready to Get Started?
Find a tour date that works for you.
** If you are leaving Panama on your check-out day you must schedule your international flight for 2 PM or later. You will not arrive at Tocumen International Airport in time for an international flight before 2 PM.
** Some countries, like Canada and the United States, require a negative Covid test to get on the flight to go home. We have arranged for Covid tests during the tour.
** The standard departure time from Boquete to Tocumen International Airport is 7:30 AM on your tour check-out day. If you’d like to depart Boquete after your tour check-out day or at a later time that is ok. The airport shuttle service and domestic flight we provide are available for up to 14 days after your tour check-out day. If you would like to stay more than 14 days after check-out day then we will reduce the price of your tour by $100 per person and you will be responsible for arranging your own transportation back to Panama City. Note we must have your departure transportation scheduled at least 30 days before your tour date.